Exploring doula support through loss
This one-day explorative workshop is facilitated by experienced doula and Doula UK Doula Mentor, Siobhan Smith. During her work as a birth doula, Siobhan has supported parents through loss which led her to be part of setting up the Doula Support Network to offer support to other doulas who are faced with similar experiences.
During this day we will:
- Define the different types of losses in pregnancy and during childbirth
- Listen to doulas who have supported parents through these difficult times and learn from their experiences
- Discover what happens in hospital and afterwards
- Group work to identify strategies and support for clients and ourselves
- Get an understanding of The Seven Stages of Grief
The aim of the workshop is to explore and discover, through discussions and through listening in a safe environment, ways of dealing with these tragic circumstances.
Please bring your own lunch. We will supply the tea and coffee!